This course is designed to impart a fundamental knowledge on the art and science of various unit operations used in pharmaceutical industry.
Upon completion of the course student shall be able:
1. To know various unit operations used in Pharmaceutical industries.
2. To understand the material handling techniques.
3. To perform various processes involved in pharmaceutical manufacturing process.
4. To carry out various test to prevent environmental pollution.
5. To appreciate and comprehend significance of plant lay out design for optimum use of resources.
6. To appreciate the various preventive methods used for corrosion control in Pharmaceutical industries.
Study of all categories of microorganisims especially for the production of alchol antibiotics, vaccines, vitamins enzymes etc..
Upon completion of the subject student shall be able to;
1. Understand methods of identification, cultivation and preservation of various microorganisms
2. To understand the importance and implementation of sterlization in pharmaceutical processing and industry
3. Learn sterility testing of pharmaceutical products.
4. Carried out microbiological standardization of Pharmaceuticals.
5. Understand the cell culture technology and its applications in pharmaceutical industries
The course deals with the various physica and physicochemical properties, and principles involved in dosage forms/formulations. Theory and practical
components of the subject help the student to get a better insight into various areas of formulation research and development, and stability studies of
pharmaceutical dosage forms.
Upon the completion of the course student shall be able to
1. Understand various physicochemical properties of drug molecules in the designing the dosage forms
2. Know the principles of chemical kinetics & to use them for stability testing nad determination of expiry date of formulations
3. Demonstrate use of physicochemical properties in the formulation development and evaluation of dosage forms.
This subject deals with general methods of preparation and reactions of some organic compounds. Reactivity of organic compounds are also studied here. The syllabus emphasizes on mechanisms and orientation of reactions. Chemistry of fats and oils are also included in the syllabus.
Upon completion of the course the student shall be able to
1. write the structure, name and the type of isomerism of the organic compound
2. write the reaction, name the reaction and orientation of reactions
3. account for reactivity/stability of compounds,
4. prepare organic compounds