This subject is designed to impart basic knowledge on the area of novel drug delivery systems.
Upon completion of the course student shall be able
1. To understand various approaches for development of novel drug delivery systems.
2. To understand the criteria for selection of drugs and polymers for the development of Novel drug delivery systems, their formulation and evaluation
In the changing scenario of pharmacy practice in India, for successful practice of Hospital Pharmacy, the students are required to learn various skills like drug distribution, drug information, and therapeutic drug monitoring for improved patient care. In community pharmacy, students will be learning various skills such as dispensing of drugs, responding to minor ailments by providing suitable safe medication, patient counselling for improved patient care in the community set up.
Upon completion of the course, the student shall be able to
1. know various drug distribution methods in a hospital
2. appreciate the pharmacy stores management and inventory control
3. monitor drug therapy of patient through medication chart review and clinical review
4. obtain medication history interview and counsel the patients
5. identify drug related problems
6. detect and assess adverse drug reactions
7. interpret selected laboratory results (as monitoring parameters in therapeutics) of specific disease states
8. know pharmaceutical care services
9. do patient counseling in community pharmacy;
10. appreciate the concept of Rational drug therapy.
This course is designed to impart fundamental knowledge of pharmaceutical product development and translation from laboratory to market
Upon completion of the course, the student shall be able to:
1. Know the process of pilot plant and scale up of pharmaceutical dosage forms
2. Understand the process of technology transfer from lab scale to commercial batch
3. Know different Laws and Acts that regulate pharmaceutical industry
4. Understand the approval process and regulatory requirements for drug products
This subject deals with the application of instrumental methods in qualitative and quantitative analysis of drugs. This subject is designed to impart a fundamental knowledge on the principles and instrumentation of spectroscopic and chromatographic technique. This also emphasizes on theoretical and practical knowledge on modern analytical instruments that are used for drug testing.
Upon completion of the course the student shall be able to
1. Understand the interaction of matter with electromagnetic radiations and its applications in drug analysis
2. Understand the chromatographic separation and analysis of drugs.
3. Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis of drugs using various analytical instruments.